Monday, June 24, 2019

boot - Grub shows "lsb_release -i -s 2 ..." instead of "Ubuntu"



After doing apt-get update my grub shows s "lsb_release -i -s 2 ..." instead of "Ubuntu". How to make it shows back "Ubuntu"? Of course I can edit it manually in /etc/boot/grub.cfg. But every doing update and upgrade with kernel it will shows again s "lsb_release -i -s 2 ..." as shown in the figureenter image description here.



I guess I must edit something in /etc/default/grub.




Anyone experience with this problem?



After some update and upgrade the problem disappear. Alternatively, you can re-configure all packages and prompt "new" instead of keep old configuration.



here the example,



sudo dpkg-reconfigure -a

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...