Friday, June 14, 2019

drivers - Installing Ubuntu 14.04.3 from USB - low-graphics

I am trying to install Ubuntu 14.03.3 64bit from USB.
I have downloaded the .iso file from ubuntu and with the help of unetbootin I brought it to my USB device. After restarting my computer and starting from USB I choose "Install Ubuntu". It takes about 1-2 minutes until I get this message:



"The System is running in low-grapgics mode - Your screen, graphics card, and input device settings could not be detected correctly. You will need to configure these yourself."



After clicking on "ok", I am given the following choices:




  • Run in low-graphics mode for just one session



  • Reconfigure graphics


  • Troubleshoot the error


  • Exit to console login




I tried to run it in low-graphics mode but then nothing happened. I also tried to install the newest version of nvidia driver in the terminal but I cannot manage to download the driver within the terminal and change it back again to the installation and after every restart the same problem is there.



My graphics-card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...