Thursday, June 13, 2019

partitioning - EFI boot partition

I have dual booted(win 7 + ubuntu 14.04) last year. But few days ago I can't boot to any OS, so I decided to install new Ubuntu 18.04 only. So, when I made a partition table and proceed to install, this lines are prompted. I'm not quite familiar with these.




The partition table format in use on your disks normally requires you

to create a separate partition for boot loader code. This partition
should be marked for use as “EFI boot partition” and should be at
least 35 MB in size. Note that this is not the same as a partition
mounted on /boot.



If you do not go back to the partitioning menu and correct this error,
boot loader installation may fail later, although it may still be
possible to install the boot loader to a partition.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...