Thursday, June 27, 2019

ati - Ubuntu 12.04 & fglrx 13.1 drivers

My computer has an ATI/AMD Radeon Mobility 4650.



I have attempted to install the drivers as described in What is the correct way to install proprietary ATI Catalyst Video Drivers (fglrx) directly from AMD?, however the AMD website currently only allows the downloading of the newest drivers, which do not appear to work for 12.04 Precise Pangolin.



I cannot find a mirror with the older releases (12.8 is what I'm looking for), and the information provided in the link above only goes up to 12.8.



I am having a lot of trouble with this, and my video card has lots of overheating issues. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. More info can of course be provided (as long as you let me know what you need!)



Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...