Thursday, June 13, 2019

boot - Repair my partitions and reinstall Grub2

I messed up my partitions because I wanted to increase my Ubuntu disk space (I had a boot partition between the two partitions I wanted to merge, so tried to delete merge partitions and re-install grub2) I used gparted.




But I am not able to re-install grub2 facing errors



GRUB failed to install to the following devices: /dev/nvme0n1


I have/had dual-boot configuration with a partition for windows and Ubuntu (I took some space from Windows partition to increase Ubuntu partition)



➜  ~ sudo parted -l
Model: ATA TOSHIBA MQ01ACF0 (scsi)

Disk /dev/sda: 500GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/4096B
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags:

Number Start End Size File system Name Flags
1 1049kB 500GB 500GB Basic data partition msftdata


Model: PC300 NVMe SK hynix 256GB (nvme)

Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 256GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags:

Number Start End Size File system Name Flags


I tried to purge/reinstall grub:




sudo apt-get purge grub grub-pc grub-common
sudo apt-get install grub-common grub-pc



Tried to run Boot Repair



The problem is that GParted don't see any partition anymore :-/ so how can I create my bios-boot partition without damaging the other partitions ?



enter image description here



Disks how a little better view lol but my windows partition is detected as free space...




enter image description here



Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...