Monday, June 24, 2019

14.04 - Low graphics mode Hybrid Graphics

My Ubuntu version is 14.04 4.4.0-81-generic, laptop is Dell Inspiron 3558 with Nvidia video card GeForce-920M and integrated Intel HDGraphics. I have spent a huge amount of time trying to find a way to switch between graphic cards.



I tried installing Bumblebee and different (suggested by ppa:graphics repository (390, 384 and 387 versions)) Nvidia drivers and everytime it ends up with "low graphics mode" screen when I switch to Nvidia card.




By the way, binary Nvidia drivers gave black screen while installing drivers from *.run source files from Nvidia website Ubuntu gets stuck in a login loop (i.e. when I log in, then it logs out immediately). I haven't found an appropriate solution of my issue on the Internet.



What else can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...