Monday, June 17, 2019

boot - Emergency mode after fail mounting windows partition

It happened after I formatted (from ubuntu) the windows partition, using file system ntfs. Now only boots in emergency mode.



The log throws two errors:
[drm:intel_set_pch_fifo_underrun_reporting [i915] ERROR uncleared pcf fifo underrun on pch transcoder A
[drm:intel_pch_fifo_underrun_irq_handler [i915] ERROR PCH transcoder A FIFO underrun



It also say Timed out waiting for decide dev-disk-by.... .device
I think it fails to mount the windows partition, but I wouldn't know how to do it myself. I found some suggestions around the internet but was unable to follow them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...