Saturday, June 15, 2019

permissions - Locked out of dedicated server because of chmod

So, I accidentally ran chmod -x / instead of what I meant to, and therefore broke a load of stuff on my server. Because of this, I can't do things like log into the normal way, and am having to use other methods.



I tried this Fix permissions of server after accidental chmod but just got tons of permission issues that look a bit like "changing permission of '/proc/sys/net/etc.." and then it still does not work. I also get this for a lot of other directories.



If you could let me know how to fix this or any other information you need, that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...