Tuesday, June 25, 2019

software installation - Cannot run executable after extracting tar.gz

(Ubuntu version : 17.04 Zesty Zapus)



Hi,




I have downloaded an IDE for C/C++ programming called "MinGW Developer Studio" from this link. After extracting the files to a folder, I cannot run the executable inside either by double-clicking or by navigating to the folder in the terminal and typing ./MinGWStudio (the name of the executable).



The path of the parent folder is /home/hp/MinGWStudio



When I type the command "file MinGWStudio" I get the following output:




MinGWStudio: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.2, for GNU/Linux

2.2.5,




When I navigate to the folder in terminal and type "MinGWStudio" I get the following output:




MinGWStudio: command not found




When I navigate to the folder and type the command ./MinGWStudio I get the following output:





bash: ./MinGWStudio: No such file or directory




When I run the command uname -a I get the following output




Linux hp-HP-Notebook 4.10.0-28-generic #32-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jun 30
05:32:18 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux





What can I do to run this executable? Any help will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...