Friday, June 14, 2019

11.10 - how do I get a Broadcom bcm 4311 working?


Possible Duplicate:
Broadcom BCM4311 Wireless not working



I have an HP nx6310 equipped with wifi card broadcom bcm 4311. It was perfectly working on ubuntu 11.04 with STA driver, then i made a fresh install of Ubuntu 11.10 and it stops working.


After trying lot of solutions the only working for me has been the one found in this site. So I put the following commands in a terminal:


sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer
sudo apt-get remove bcmwl-kernel-source
sudo reboot

And now wifi is working!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...