Sunday, July 2, 2017

system installation - How do I install Ubuntu Server on Foxconn Nano PC?

As stated in the subject I am experiencing issues installing Ubuntu 12.04.2 server on a Foxconn nT-i2847 Intel NM70. I have tried both the i386 and amd64 with the same result - "problem reading from CD-Rom" / md5 check sum not matching up.


I am trying to install from a thumb drive as the nano PC does not have a CD-Rom. I have read other threads stating work a around by including the ISO on the thumb drive and mounting it etc but non of these options have worked.


I have burned the same ISO files to disk and have had successful installs on my desktops but to no luck on this nano PC.


I have tried Unetbootin, linuxlive usb creator, universal USB installer and several other program for putting the ISO onto the USBthumb drive with the same result. I have even tried multiple flash drive manufacturers - PNY, Scandisk etc.


I know people or going to state this question has been asked before however I have been combing through these and several other forums, and emulating fixes that worked for other people to no result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...