Sunday, July 16, 2017

apt - Get a version of a package that is not in the repo

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04 and i try to get docker-compose >= 1.22.0.


However I saw on the packages repo that the available version is 1.17.1-2.
On the latest ubuntu eoan the version 1.21.0-3 is available.


So I was wondering, is there any release date to know when the version I want will be available on bionic ? Will it even be available one day ?


Otherwise can I download the version 1.21.0-3 from eoan but stay on ubuntu bionic ?


Is there any way at all to get the version I want using apt or do I have to download from github ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...