Thursday, July 27, 2017

16.04 - How can I create my own OS by customizing Ubuntu?

I tried customizing by using different customization tools and by removing different packages at different trials, but none of it worked properly!



The tools that I tried are Cubic, PinguyBuilder, optimizer, UCK, OS Builder.



What I want to do is to remove all packages given by Ubuntu and make a clean ISO image and what I tried is removed some packages like libreoffice related packages, firefox and then I generated an ISO image.




After that I installed it in Virtual-Machine but, it's not installing properly (sometimes saying installer crashed when libreOffice packages removed, sometimes blank-screen is appearing when any other packages removed, sometimes not even generating ISO).



is there any need of modifying some predefined files after removing/deleting some packages?



How can I create/generate that clean ISO image by removing all unwanted packages provided by Ubuntu?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...