Tuesday, July 25, 2017

boot - Help with Plymouth script please! :)

I am attempting to work around this problem:



http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1997417



on the hypothesis that the problem is a race condition between the boot sequence and '/' and my raid0 disks being available [I don't know that it is, but would like to see if that the case.]



I read this: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Plymouth, and have:

* played with plymouth-x11 [very nice]
* installed plymouth-theme-script



I would like to do something like this in my boot process, so Plymouth waits for the user's input before continuing:



Code:



Show the splash screen



sudo plymouth show-splash 



Stop the graphical progress indicator



sudo plymouth pause-progress 


Display a message



sudo plymouth message --text="pausing boot - press 'c' or space bar to continue" 



Wait for the user to type either 'c', 'C' or space (no return required)



sudo plymouth watch-keystroke --keys="cC " --command="tee /tmp/c_key_pressed" 


Change the on-screen message



sudo plymouth message --text="resuming boot" 



Resume the graphical progress indicator



sudo plymouth unpause-progress


But I don't really know how to proceed safely.



I'm an IDOIT, so would appreciate an IDIOT-proof guide




Thanks in advance

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...