Monday, July 31, 2017

lightdm - How to enable numlock at boot time for login screen in Ubuntu 18.04?




I have a fresh 18.04 install and would like to enable the numlock key for login, without switching to the older lightDM. I saw this, this and this, but when trying the gdm approach I get: Command 'gdm' not found
but as said above I would like to achieve this small task, without having to switch to lightDM or do some other major changes.



Do the following:



xhost +SI:localuser:gdm

sudo su gdm -s /bin/bash



Now, you need to use gsettings or dconf #or dconf-edit if you have it



Go to /org/gnome/settings-daemon/peripherals/keyboard/numlock-state and change it to on



or simply after the two lines do this



dconf write /org/gnome/settings-daemon/peripherals/keyboard/numlock-state "'on'"



or



gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.peripherals.keyboard numlock-state 'on'


Now reboot


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...