Tuesday, July 18, 2017

encryption - How do I encrypt a user's home folder having no password?

The problem I have is that I use eCryptfs to encrypt a user's home folder, but in order to decrypt it the user must have a password. However, after I encrypt the home folder, I would love to change the user's password, especially make it a user having no password. In this circumstance, I am not able to log in via that user's account because of the password difference. What I would like to do is to change the user's password with no problem or be able to encrypt his folder even if the user has no password.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...