Tuesday, July 18, 2017

displaylink - Problems with setting up a second monitor on Ubuntu

I have two monitors that use a VGA that I want to use with my laptop running Ubuntu, which does NOT have a vga port. I am able to get the monitors to work fine with a Display Link VGA to USB display link adapter on windows, but I can not for the life of me get this to work on ubuntu on the same laptop.



I tried to follow this tutorial but it failed because it could not find the xserver-xorg-video-displaylink package.



Is it possible for me to use my monitor with my laptop in a dual screen setup? And if so, how can I make it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...