Friday, July 28, 2017

mount - Unable to access External HDD in Ubuntu

I have bought a new laptop Lenevo G500 and installed Ubuntu 13.0, I have taken out my previous laptop's HDD and trying to access it by connecting to USB port, however it has detected only once and after a restart it is not detecting it any more and saying unable to mount, I have checked other answers but none worked for me.


Can any one help please, I am getting the following error.



Error mounting /dev/sdc3 at /media/rinky/Dharam New: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000,dmask=0077,fmask=0177" "/dev/sdc3" "/media/rinky/Dharam New"' exited with non-zero exit status 13: ntfs_mst_post_read_fixup_warn: magic: 0x43425355 size: 4096 usa_ofs: 7197 usa_count: 65535: Invalid argument
Actual VCN (0x800006009443600) of index buffer is different from expected VCN (0x0).
Failed to mount '/dev/sdc3': Input/output error
NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a
SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows
then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very
important! If the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate
it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory, (e.g.
/dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the 'dmraid' documentation
for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...