Monday, July 17, 2017

toshiba satellite - Installed Ubuntu , However the OS Doesn't Boot on Restart

I used a live USB to install Ubuntu 14.04 and completely erase windows 8.1, the installation went fine but when I restarted the computer Ubuntu wouldn't boot from my HDD, instead it came up with try Ubuntu or install Ubuntu so I restarted without the live usb plugged in and I got an error message Reboot and select a proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key.



I read a lot of posts about people that had similar problems but so far none of the solutions that worked for them have worked for me.



I also ran boot-repair but that didn't fix the problem either.



As mentioned in this Link I have also tried to Use GParted to check if I have the Boot Flag for my ETI Partition Just installed ubuntu 14.04 but after restart it wont boot



Also my Boot Priority Order is Set as Follows

- HDD/SDD
- USB
- ....



Please any help would be appreciated.



My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...