Friday, July 28, 2017

boot - Ubuntu 14.04 booting stuck at loading screen


I have been using Ubuntu 14.04 for 6 months. Suddenly when I boot up the machine,
the booting process get stuck at Ubuntu's loading splash screen.


Loading screen img


I opened the terminal (Ctrl+Alt+F2) and commented out the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash" line from the grub and updated it,
so that I could see the booting process instead of the Ubuntu Splash screen.
From there, I found out that the booting process stops after the following
command:


* Restoring resolver state....       [OK]
* Stopping anac(h)ronistic crom [OK]

Any kind of help will be appreciated, many thanks!


EDIT:


After rebooting several times, it is seen that the boot does not stops at Stoopping anac(h)ronistic crom everytime. Sometimes it stops at


saned disabled; edit /etc/default/saned
* Restoring resolver state... [OK]
* Starting ACPI daemon [OK]
* Staring regular background processing daemon [OK]
* Starting CPU interrupts balancing daemon [OK]
* Stopping System V runlevel compatibility [OK]

and sometimes at:


saned disabled; edit /etc/default/saned
* Restoring resolver state... [OK]
* Starting ACPI daemon [OK]
* Staring regular background processing daemon [OK]
* Starting CPU interrupts balancing daemon [OK]
* Stopping System V runlevel compatibility [OK]
* Stopping network connection manager [OK]
* Starting SMB/CIFS File and Active Directory Server [OK]


I solved the problem by logging in ( Ctrl+Alt+F2 ) and then upgrading, via sudo apt-get upgrade.


I would assume that some of the files somehow got corrupted previously because of some incomplete update or something similar, and upgrading it properly makes everything work as it should.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...