Thursday, July 6, 2017

How to upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04?




I would like to upgrade an Ubuntu system from 14.04 to 16.04. I ran the usually referenced command:



sudo update-manager -d


Which is strangely proposing to upgrade to 14.10:



enter image description here




If I then ask for the upgrade I get this error message:



enter image description here



How is it done exactly?



Try:




  1. Edit the file /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades .


  2. Change the value of "Prompt" from "normal" to "lts".

  3. Then try sudo do-release-upgrade -d.



See if that works.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...