Monday, July 10, 2017

drivers - How to make Lubuntu run smoother on old hardware?

I've installed Lubuntu today and noticed that the performance of it on my computer even after that distro being so lightweight is a bit heavy on my system. It has all those animations when you open and close or even drag around a window which I would like to disable. Could you guys tell me on how to do that? Even while typing this message, it is so super laggy and the messages and words and delayed.



Also, I'm not sure if my Lubuntu has my graphics driver installed correctly. Is it that which is causing the issue? Please help me out guys. How do I update/install graphic drivers for my card?




My PC specs (it's old, hence why I Went with Lubuntu):




  • Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz

  • 1.5 GB RAM

  • 80 GB HDD

  • 32 MB graphics

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...