Friday, November 4, 2016

Hide the `terminal` launcher icon for a terminal app launched from Unity dash/launcher




I have created a Unity Dash entry for neovim (using alacarte), which runs the command gnome-terminal -e nvim, and have locked it to my launcher.



Screenshot showing launcher icon for a terminal application



When I click it, a new terminal window appears, and a new icon appears in the launcher, as shown below:



Screenshot showing separate terminal icon for a application launched from launcher



I guess it is working as expected, but is there a way I can hide the gnome-terminal launcher icon, and have the actual neovim launcher be active instead?




I found the neovim-gnome-terminal-wrapper Github project which does exactly what I need.



Screenshot showing active neovim launcher icon


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...