Monday, November 14, 2016

14.04 - Removed resolvconf can't install anymore


As stated in the title, I removed resolvconf (with reinstalling in mind because name resolution was acting up) but now I'm unable to install this package.
I tried two things:
apt-get install --reinstall resolvconf
resulting in the following error:



Package resolvconf is not available, but is referred to by another
package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been
obsoleted, or is only available from another source


E: Package 'resolvconf' has no installation candidate



Using apt-get install resolvconf I get the same error.



Test this:


Open a terminal,

Press Ctrl+Alt+T


Run it:


sudo -i
wget http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/r/resolvconf/resolvconf_1.69ubuntu1_all.deb
dpkg -i resolvconf_1.69ubuntu1_all.deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...