Tuesday, November 22, 2016

grub2 - error: no such partition. grub rescue

I had multiboot windows 7 and ubuntu on my Samsung notebook NP305U1A-A07IN. I uninstalled Ubuntu by deleting all unnamed partitions from windows disk partitions as I read on net somewhere.


Now I guess Ubuntu is gone but i can't boot into windows anymore. Whenever I boot it says


error:  no such partition
grub rescue>

I know my windows partition and data is all there. Something is wrong with boot loader or boot manager.


As I have notebook it doesn't have DVD driver. But I have created USB stick of windows and Ubuntu too. But my BIOS menu can't recognize or load these sticks at all. I tried it on other notebook it works. But not on this one only. I even changed priorities.but it says boot override and shows two options only to boot hdd and network.


I checked a lot of forums and here too. But no solutions so far. I can't boot any USB stick so Windows command prompt solution from recovery is no use.


I have another doubt if these manufacturers lock BIOS to boot from another USB or DVD. But I installed Ubuntu from USB itself and now it can't detect any of those. I don't want to lose any data. Anything will work Windows or Linux now. At least let me know the way I can bring windows installation on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...