Friday, November 25, 2016

ubuntu 14.10 wireless driver not working, dual boot with windows 7



Broadcom driver is working fine when ubuntu 14.10 is not yet installed on my system. But when I installed it alongside with Windows 7(Dual Boot) it says that "This device is not working"(Broadcom). I cant connect WIFI in ubuntu but it does in Windows 7. I search solutions in windows 7, i boot ubuntu, and it doesn't work. I boot windows again, boot ubuntu again. Thats what im doing every-time but i can't fixed it. Help me lease. Thanks :)




02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01)



Please obtain a temporary internet connection, open a terminal and do:



sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get purge bcmwl-kernel-source
sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer



Reboot and your wireless should be working.



'Additional Drivers' is incorrect for your 14e4:4315 device.



If you have no internet capability, then do the purge step and then download this on some other computer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7exlzch25ap6uha/b43.zip?dl=0 Transfer it on a USB or similar to your Ubuntu computer and drop it on your desktop. Right-click it and select 'Extract Here.' Now, in the terminal:



sudo mkdir /lib/firmware/b43
sudo cp ~/Desktop/b43/* /lib/firmware/b43



Reboot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...