Sunday, November 20, 2016

mount - Cannot make folders in the mounted partition

I have mounted an NTFS partition on Ubuntu 18.04 using the ntfsfix command. However, I cannot create the folders either using mkdir or right-click → New Folder (the option is active, not greyed out) on that partition. It keeps giving me this error:



mkdir crimson
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘crimson’: No such file or directory


I tried sudo and I still get the same error. Even the -p option of mkdir keeps giving me the same error. Even remount didn't work. I have tried different namings and still get the same error. mkdir works fine in other parts of the system.




I am a newbie in the field of Linux, but I guess the problem can be addressing issue; maybe file-system commands cannot find the mounted address.



UPDATE: ntfsfix command



sudo ntfsfix /dev/sda6
NTFS partition /dev/sda6 was processed successfully

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...