Saturday, November 19, 2016

Unable to find Windows partitions after installing Ubuntu

I've just installed Ubuntu 14.04 and I was also using windows 8. I was preparing an un-allocated partition of 25 GB from Windows to Ubuntu.


In the installation of Ubuntu I did not find the option of "Install Ubuntu alongside Windows 8", so I've chosen "something else" & selected sda then clicked new partition table, created a swap area around 4GB. Finally the rest partitioned as root for the system with size of 20GB.


Once the installation finished; neither can I boot into Windows nor find my NTFS partitions (C, D, E).


enter image description here


enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...