Sunday, November 13, 2016

16.04 - Change icon of Link to executable

I install bibisco, which is portable application based on java and comes wiith its own jre so no need to install anything, extract it and run it type of thing.




Executable is named "bibisco" and does not have an icon because it gets default icon.



When we execute it, it appears in launcher with a nice green n white icon.



I right clicked on it and "make a link"ed the link does not have .desktop extension and if I use "less bibisco" then the link file opens up as crazy symbols. which means I can't use .desktop file related trick.



How do I change icons of such link files?
Especially how do I set the icon it shows while running?



I am windows convert I mean some functionality like in windows where one could go in properties and get icon from some exe or .dll file.




Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...