Tuesday, November 15, 2016

partitioning - Will Ubuntu 15.04 create a swap partition with the default installation?



I am going to install a fresh Ubuntu 15.04 on a Lenovo X1 Carbon. I plan to select the default Erase disk and install Ubuntu option and tick both Encrypt the new Ubuntu installation for security and Use LVM... options.




Last time I installed a 14.04 like this, there was no swap partition created automatically. It's a pain to add it later. Will 15.04 do that out of the box?



Yes, it does. Ubuntu always creates a swap partition if you choose automatic install.



And it is not pain to add a swap partition. It is quite easy to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...