Monday, November 21, 2016

wireless - unblock dell-wifi soft block


rfkill list shows:


0: phy0 Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: yes
1: dell-wifi: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: yes
Hard blocked: yes

I already ran rfkill unblock all and yet still get the same results. I certainly don't see any switch for wireless.


The Inspiron 1420 laptop was purchased a matter of weeks ago from FreeGeek, and they generally test the hardware. While it could be a hardware problem, could this also be a software problem? Certainly the second soft block should be unblocked, yes?



The laptop has a hardware switch for wireless. Try switching it on. See image below.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...