Monday, November 14, 2016

Cannot login to tty / Login incorrect / Unity Launcher and Menu Bar disappeared in 14.04

I'm facing the same (or similar) issue as described here: Unity Launcher and Top Panel disappeared in 14.04


Unfortunately I cannot try the provided solution (https://askubuntu.com/a/476623), as I fail to log in. I always get Login incorrect.


I already checked my password by typing it in as login name. Everything is correct. No caps, no num. I also have no problems getting to my desktop with my user name and password. Could it be due to my username Stefan Schmid with a space?


The System is 14.04 LTS. On the login screen there is still the menu bar. I even can get to settings. But thats about it. E.g: when I click on users, nothing happens.


What should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...