Friday, November 4, 2016

python - Cannot get HPLIP to run on Ubuntu 18.04 - error: No module named 'PyQt4'



I completely removed the HPLIP libraries using this instruction and started over to try and get my HP printer to scan. After reinstalling the hplip and hplip-gui packages the gui does not run from the launcher and the following is what i get from the terminal:




~$ sudo hp-setup




error: Unable to locate models.dat file



HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.18.10) Printer/Fax Setup
Utility ver. 9.0



Copyright (c) 2001-15 HP Development Company, LP This software comes
with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you are
welcome to distribute it under certain conditions. See COPYING file
for more details.




error: No module named 'PyQt4'




Python Qt4 is installed and at the newest version 4.12.1. Thank you.



UPDATE: After following the uninstall solution from @N0rbert and below from @Feliepe G. M. Maia, I was able to get 3.17.10 to install. Now the plugin won't install. The first attempts said a successful completion, but if I tried to use the scanner the plugin was said not to be installed. I've tried hp-plugin, python3 $(which hp-doctor), and through the GUI as below. I'm now getting a message about not being able to verify the key server. No luck after a reboot.
GUI
Key server error




My update above solves the issue of getting HPLIP to install. I'll open a separate question for the issue with the plugin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...