Thursday, October 6, 2016

Launcher still missing after installing nVidia driver




I've asked this question before but I'm still stuck. I installed Ubuntu 12.04 on a new computer with 2GB nVidia Graphics card. I installed the 'current driver' but on restart I get a blank desktop. The launcher is missing. I can tty though. But I don't know what to do from there.
ALT + F2 doesn't bring up anything.



like you can still use nautilus (right click on the desktop, create folders and stuff) just the unity desktop is missing?



give us the output of:



lspci -nnk | grep -i VGA -A2



[ its probably just the missing of linux-headers-generic , remove all the drivers, install it, and get the drivers with additional drivers (jockey) again. but to be sure i need to know your output ]



~spheniscida


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...