Wednesday, August 17, 2016

uninstall - Old screenless notebook with ubuntu v.14: sudo password

I'm trying to install a linux on a small notebook. I got it because the integrated screen was broken. I removed the screen and installed Ubuntu 14 (at this time).
But it was a few years ago, and now I don't remember my sudo password... (classic).



I've been trying to install a new distro in order to recover a fully working linux environment. So I created a bootable usb flash drive. The only problem is that I can't display the BIOS on my secondary screen in order to boot on the USB flash drive, and install the new Linux.
All the other solution (boot with Grub, install a new distro directly from the terminal, etc...) requires a sudo password (Grub is not installed btw).



I don't have any more ideas.




EDIT:
The iso wasn't properly installed on the USB flash drive. So it is now working
thanks a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...