Tuesday, August 16, 2016

ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04 nvidia driver conflict

My notebook is ASUS u36 which has two video cards. One is CPU integrated Intel 3000 and the other is NVIDIA Corporation GF119M [GeForce GT 520M].


When I do not install nvidia driver, there is a problem that the mouse cursor will disappear or appear from time to time.


When I install nvidia driver from Ubuntu's "Additional Drivers", Ubuntu will suspend after it's running a random time. Ubuntu will not accept anything except "Ctrl + Alt + F1" to poweroff or reboot.


When I install nvidia driver downloaded from nvidia's official website. Ubuntu can not display desktop after login.


From Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04, this problem always exists. I am not sure whether it exists in 11.10 or earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...