Monday, August 15, 2016

14.04 - nvidia-prime switching to intel stopped working

I can no longer switch between my intel and nvidia cards, it used to work and my default card was intel now for some reason its nvidia and i can no longer switch and the PRIME profile option has disappeared from nvidia-settings. When launching nvidia-settings from terminal i get:




libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
** Message: PRIME: No offloading required. Abort
** Message: PRIME: is it supported? no



I don't really know when it stopped working but some time in the last 3 days i think.
Any one knows what has happend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...