Saturday, August 20, 2016

xorg - Boot hangs, low graphics error and login-failure

I am new to Ubuntu and using 12.10. This appears when I start my system:


 speech-dispatcher disabled :edit/etc/default/speech-dispatcher
saned disabled: edit/etc/default/saned
* Checking battery state OK

After this nothing happens. Checking battery state doesn't come to an end and I have to try to reboot the system again and again until tty1 window appears which is then followed by a low graphics mode error.


I am using the Intel graphics card; the dedicated AMD Radeon 7700 is disabled. I don't want to use the AMD one but want to have a smooth operation with the Intel one. I have tried re installing the X.org drivers for Intel but still have the error of low graphics. I am not sure whether the two problems are related to each other or not.


Today I am facing a new problem. I can't login into my original user account. Whenever I enter the password the screen blinks and prompts for the password again. So I have to login as a different user. But the original problem of "saned disabled" still exists. When when I try Ctrl+Alt+F1 and startX I get the following error.


Fatal server error.
No screens found.
(EE).
Please consult the The X.Org Foundation Support for help.
(EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.1.log" for additional information.
xnit: giving up.
xnit: unable to connect to X server : Connection refused.
xnit: server error.
xnit: timeout in locking authority file /home/user name/.Xauthority`.

Then I have no options but to try rebooting the system again and again until I get to login in Graphical Mode where I can't login as the original user.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...