Wednesday, August 31, 2016

mount - Unable to open Windows 8 partition

Some days ago my windows 8.1 stopped working.




The only thing I was able/forced to access was that problem-solving menu of windows offering me options to do a full wipe or restore some recovery files. As I weren't able to restore those files ("The drive where windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again") and since I really need to have the files which are on my hard drive back, I tried to gain access by using a Ubuntu Live-CD. Unfortunately I get following error message:



"Error mounting /dev/dm-6 at /media/ubuntu/DATA: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=999,gid=999,dmas k=0077,fmask=0177" "/dev/dm-6" "/media/ubuntu/DATA"' exited with non-zero exit status 14: The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 0). Metadata kept in Windows cache, refused to mount. Failed to mount '/dev/mapper/isw_daihaciia_RAID0SYS6': Operation not permitted The NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown Windows fully (no hibernation or fast restarting), or mount the volume read-only with the 'ro' mount option."



I already disabled fast StartUp.
The problem occurred all of a sudden; I had Windows 8.1 running for already 2 weeks.



Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...