Sunday, August 28, 2016

boot - Ubuntu Server 18.10 - No video mode activated



When booting, Ubuntu Server 18.10 shows a "Error: no video mode activated" text message and then shows the animated Ubuntu logo.



boot logo image



¿How can i get rid of that error message?



My /etc/default/grub content is




GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=hidden
GRUB_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="quiet splash"


Running these commands fixed it for me:




sudo chmod a-x /etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme
sudo update-grub
sudo reboot

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...