Saturday, August 27, 2016

How can I install drivers for nvidia gtx 560?


I have Ubuntu 12.04.1 and nVidia gtx 560


The "Additional Drivers" in system setting is empty!


How can I install the driver...?


Should I download them from the GeForce.com ?


Thanks!



Try enabling the X Updates PPA (see Adding this PPA to your system). It contains the latest stable release of the nVidia graphics drivers (304.43 at the time of writing).


In case 'Additional Drivers' (actually that's Jocky) stays empty, install it like this:


sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...