Monday, August 22, 2016

boot - Deleted Ubuntu partition now cannot get past Grub Rescue

I deleted my Ubuntu partition from Windows 7, and when I boot my computer it says:



error: unknown file system
Entering rescue mode...
Grub rescue>



Now I can enter commands.



I googled a lot of different things but can't find an answer. I've entered ls, and got a list of all the partitions. From there I tried to ls all three partitions listed. Every time it says File system unknown.




I've tried starting my computer with a windows install disk in it and it goes to grub rescue anyways.



I have also tried to boot from a usb containing Ubuntu and on a separate occasion from one with windows 7. Both times I just got a blinking underscore and nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...