Tuesday, August 30, 2016

wireless - Broadcom BCM4313 wifi slow after upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04

I'm afraid this is another question about Broadcom wifi (in particular, the BCM4313 chipset). Before upgrading to 14.04, my wifi worked perfectly. Since upgrading, it has been working only very slowly, and occasionally not at all.



I am currently running the brcmsmac driver, which the official documentation, as well as many of the answers in the links below, suggest is the right one for my kernel version and chipset.



I have pasted the wireless info from my computer (including lspci, iwconfig, iwlist, lsmod, etc.) here: http://pastebin.com/5fhWiWi0.




I appreciate that problems such as mine seem to be widespread. Here are some of the similar questions I've found on these forums:





However, none of the answers contained therein worked/applied in my case.



EDIT: I should have mentioned that I have also tried using bcmwl-kernel-source. This works better than bcrcmsmac (but not perfectly) on one of the two wifi networks that I regularly use, but it won't even allow me to connect to the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...