Tuesday, August 30, 2016

system installation - How can I customize the Ubuntu installer?



I would like to know how can I customize the Ubuntu installer NOT customize Ubuntu, I just want to modify the installer.



We have a large environment here with lots of developers and since we don't use Windows, I want to customize the installer to automatically set the timezone to NYC, the keyboard layout to English USA, put the company logo in the installer etc...



I installed ubiquity:




sudo apt-get install ubiquity ubiquity-casper ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu ubiquity-frontend-gtk


and I made some modification to it. Since it is all HTML files it is very easy to customize.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...