Wednesday, August 17, 2016

partitioning - canceling gparted ( resize ) and a the data disappeared

i have a 1 TB HDD , it was 2 partitions .. the first one was empty and the second one contains 200 GB of data . i tried to resize and extend the second partition to be all the HDD . using the GPARTED as root .. the notifications showed around 4 hours ... i canceled it after about 15 minutes .. but i found the whole HDD is unknown file system



i tried to solve the issue by formatting the hard to NTFS and try to recover the data by a program i use on my old windows laptop ... but the result was disappointing ...



i didn't write any thing on the HDD till now and i need advise so i can recover that data ... it's very variable and it contains all my 10 years work



so please help me

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...