Monday, August 15, 2016

Wrong display resolution after failed NVIDIA driver update

Made the mistake of trying to manually update my Nvidia driver on Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS.
Anyways the update failed and now I am left with a screen resolution that is wrong(too low resolution)
How do I restore the proper resolution? The attached shows I am still running the older 384 driver.


And this is my xorg file



2017


Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Layout0"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer" EndSection


Section "Files" EndSection


Section "InputDevice"


# generated from default
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" EndSection

Section "InputDevice"


# generated from default
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd" EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Unknown"
ModelName "Unknown"
HorizSync 28.0 - 33.0
VertRefresh 43.0 - 72.0
Option "DPMS" EndSection


Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation" EndSection


Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Device0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
Option "Coolbits" "4"
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection EndSection



Software&Updates_Additional Drivers

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...