Sunday, August 14, 2016

system freezes after installing ubuntu

I've tried 3 times now to install ubuntu 11.10 from a cd onto an 8 year old Dell inspiron but after installation the system just freezes. System has 2.66GHz CPU, 1GB RAM and 120GB HD. There is no way to perform any operation, I can only force shut down. Has anyone encountered similar difficulties and found a solution?



The video card is NVIDIA geforcefx5200. The screen is almost blank after booting - the top userbar is present but not functioning and nothing else appears on the screen.




I've managed to install ubuntu 10.04 without any problems now instead

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...