Sunday, August 14, 2016

Installation with Windows 8.1

I have already created my bootable flash drive and checked out Ubuntu. I want to install it along side my Windows 8.1 Pro. I have a 1 terabyte hard drive. On this drive I have a 2 windows partitions and 195 gigabyte partition.



When I run the installation it does not see any partitions at all and just sees the whole drive as being free space. I tried making a volume of my 195 gig free space and got the same result. I need to have Windows 8 on my hard drive, what am I missing that the installation program does not see any partitions but just 1 terabyte free?



Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...