Tuesday, August 16, 2016

11.04 - How do I configure the Wacom Bamboo tablet drawing area?



How do I configure the Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet to avoid drawing an oval instead of a circle?



The behavior on the Bamboos is managed by the application itself and no configuration on the tablet is needed.



In the case of GIMP, you can override that behavior by pressing the [Ctrl] key while drawing. Some combinations are also useful, like [Shift][Alt], etc.




Edit



For more control on your Bamboo, you can give a chance to xsetwacom (http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/linuxwacom/index.php?title=Xsetwacom) which will allow you to set some parameters on how the bamboo will be acting globally, whose trick may be useful for your case.



I personally tested once when using Ubuntu 9.04 and having some problems with the behavior of my MTE-450 and it worked like a charm. Give this a try and please inform how did you do with this issue.



Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...