Wednesday, August 17, 2016

grub2 - Device for Bootloader installation Dual Boot

I am planning to dual boot Ubuntu Budgie and Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 7591. It has a 512gb ssd with Windows 10 installed. I plan to buy another 512gb ssd and install ubuntu there. I just want to know in the device for bootloader installation should I choose the first or create an efi partition in second ssd and more importantly what is the difference between them.In which of the following method I would still be able to use windows recovery environment. I understand the selected one will need to be placed higher in the boot order. Also is it always necessary to change sata mode from raid to ahci regardless of them being nvme ssd. I am installing in uefi mode with secure boot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...